Powered By Blogger

January 7, 2011

New Year, New Blog

Well, I have thought about blogging for some time now, but was a little nervous as I am not computer savvy at all. Hopefully 'blogger' will make it easy-peasy for me. I have always enjoyed crafting....as I live in Canada, my favorite show as a child was "Mr. Dress-Up". He was always making something, and I had to make whatever it was right away....even to making that "newspaper tree"....who needs one of those around the house?
Currently I am sewing, scrapbooking, and making cards. I also run the local girls group here in my small town. We don't have a Brownie or Guide group here, so each week mom's and daughters meet and spend an hour together making a craft, etc. Before my 2 beautiful daughters (Bronwyn, 14 and Kennedi, 8) came along, I was an avid cross-stitcher. That just takes so much time. I am participating in a card club this year, with the goal being to complete 5 cards per month. No problem, she says. Yeah, right. I will be that person scrambling on the 28th to get them all done, pics taken and uploaded. I have ALWAYS been a procrastinator very relaxed about deadlines. It makes my creative juices flow to be in a time crunch. Hey, we all have our little quirks, right?
My husband has just recently started calling me a hoarder....I think it depends on your definition of hoarding. Gathering scrapbooking supplies and fabric is not hoarding. IS IT? I tell him that when I get my very own craft room, he won't see the lovely supplies, just the fabulous projects as they are completed.
Well, enough for this post. I will post some pics of the projects that I am working on in a few days. I hope to update my blog at least weekly, but working full-time may limit this.

1 comment:

Maria Elena said...

Hi girl ! Happy New Year !
Thanks for visit and leave a comment in my blog!
Have a great Wednesday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/